Coffee Tasting Class
- Regular price
- Regular price
- Sale price
With the opening of our new roastery in Melbourne’s Bayside we open our doors to our community, coffee lovers and curious humans who'd love to learn more about coffee. We are here to demystify the wonderful and diverse world of coffee and make great coffee more approachable to everyone.
Did you know coffee has more aromatic and flavour compounds than wine? We believe understanding aromas and flavours in coffee are essential to fully appreciate the wonderful and diverse world of coffee. At our coffee tasting class, you'll learn how to describe coffee and develop sensory profiles based on fragrance, aroma, flavour, aftertaste, acidity, sweetness, and mouthfeel. We'll guide you through the process of using the Specialty Coffee Tasters' Wheel to describe taste and teach you the art of cupping to assess and develop a descriptive sensory profile. You'll have the opportunity to taste various coffees from different origins and processing methods, describing each coffee and developing a sensory profile of your own. But that's not all - you'll also experience how different brewing methods and extraction impact the sensory profile of coffee. So buckle up and get your taste buds ready for an unforgettable coffee tasting class.
What you’ll learn and experience:
- You’ll learn how to describe coffee
- You’ll develop a sensory profile based on fragrance, aroma, flavour, aftertaste, acidity, sweetness, and mouthfeel
- Learn how to use the Specialty Coffee Tasters’ Wheel to describe taste
- Learn about the process of cupping to assess and develop a descriptive sensory profile
- Taste various coffees from different origins and processing methods and describe each coffee developing a sensory profile
- You’ll experience how different brewing methods impact the sensory profile
- You’ll experience how different extraction impacts the sensory profile
We can't wait to share our passion for coffee with you!
Location: 1 Belrose Avenue, Cheltenham VIC 3192
Duration: 1.5 hours
Cancel up to 24 h before the course commence. We don't refund for no-shows or cancellations within 24 hours prior to the course start.
For cancellations, please send us an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
MUST LOVE COFFEE.
What do I need to bring?
If you wish to take notes, bring a notepad. We'll supply all coffee and milk for the hands-on exercises.
Can we make a group booking?
Absolutely. Please email us at email@example.com