Melbourne Coffee Investments Pty Ltd trading as 23 Degrees Coffee Roasters
1. IMPACT POLICY
- We purposefully source from women coffee growers and maintain strong relationships to women coffee grower organisations.
- We re-invested in social projects - funds, time and in-kind donations.
- We are mindful of the impact our business decisions have on our coffee-growing communities, our partners along the coffee supply chain, our people, our customers and the environment.
- We are carbon neutral - we reduce and remove carbon emissions.
2. SUPPLIER CODE OF CONDUCT
We are committed to purchase green coffee beans with;
- Transparency to origin (ie specific farm)
- Transparency for prices paid to farmers
- The minimum floor price to farmers is the fair trade premium
- Coffees must be of specialty grade as a minimum.
We believe that all workers in its supply chain deserve to be treated with dignity and respect.
We will not to purchase green coffee beans from any source that does not comply with human rights obligations including;
(a) prevention of involuntary and underage labor.
(b) ensure that all work is undertaken without coercion;
(c) not use any form of forced, bonded or indentured labor; and
(c) employ only workers who are the applicable minimum legal age.
3. ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY
We are committed to promoting environmental responsibility and to minimise the
environmental impact of our operations.
Furthermore we will work actively with our coffee bean farmer suppliers in
(a) the efficient use of energy, water and natural resource consumption; and
(b) reducing the risk of pollution, loss of biodiversity, deforestation, damage to ecosystems and
(c) reducing greenhouse gas emissions
4. CUSTOMER FEEDBACK
23 Degrees allows our customers to submit feedback through our website and responds to all submissions/questions/complaints within 24 hours.
5. CORPORATE GOVERNANCE
We are committed to sound management administration, continuous improvement, proactive risk and corrective action systems.
We uphold the following principles in our workplace;
- Fair working hours, wages and benefits
- Maintain healthy and safe working conditions