MELBOURNE COFFEE INVESTMENTS PTY LTD CORPORATE POLICIES
1. SOCIAL IMPACT POLICY
- At least 50% of our coffees are from women coffee growers
- $1 per Kilogram of coffee re-invested in social projects - funds, time and in-kind donations
- At least 50% of our corporate customers recycle spent coffee grounds
2. SUPPLIER CODE OF CONDUCT
We will not purchase green coffee beans from any source unless;
- Transparency to origin (ie specific farm)
- Transparency for prices paid to farmers
- The minimum floor price to farmers is the fair trade premium
- Coffees must be of specialty grade as a minimum.
We believe that all workers in its supply chain deserve to be treated with dignity and respect.
We will not purchase green coffee beans from any source that does not comply with human rights obligations including;
(a) Prevention of involuntary and underage labor.
(b) ensure that all work is undertaken without coercion;
(c) not use any form of forced, bonded or indentured labor; and
(c) employ only workers who are the applicable minimum legal age.
3. ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY
We are committed to promoting environmental responsibility and to minimise the
environmental impact of our operations.
Furthermore we will work actively with our coffee bean farmer suppliers in
(a) the efficient use of energy, water and natural resource consumption; and
(b) reducing the risk of pollution, loss of biodiversity, deforestation, damage to ecosystems and
(c) reducing greenhouse gas emissions
4. CUSTOMER PROTECTION POLICY
23 degrees Coffee Roasters offers a lifetime warranty against any defects and guarantee that we make our products with premium specialty green coffee beans.
5. CUSTOMER FEEDBACK
23 Degrees allows our customers to submit feedback through our website and responds to all submissions/questions/complaints within 24 hours.
6. CORPORATE GOVERNANCE
We are committed to sound management administration, continuous improvement, pro active risk and corrective action systems.
We uphold the following principles in our workplace;
- Fair working hours, wages and benefits
- Maintain healthy and safe working conditions