Coffee Plunger | 350ml | Green
- Regular price
- Regular price
- Sale price
Brewing with a coffee plunger (also referred to as French Press, coffee press or coffee maker) is one of the world’s most favourite brewing methods. It is easy and you don’t need a paper filter. The Bodum coffee plunger uses a reusable stainless steel filter that extracts all the great flavours from your coffee grounds while leaving the least amount of sediment in your cup.
When using a coffee plunger, the grounds are submerged for a few minutes in hot water. This is called immersion brewing. You can easily alter the intensity of your plunger coffee by shortening or lengthening the immersion time and the amount of coffee you are adding for a given amount of water.
Coffee plunger sizes - which one is for you?
- Coffee plunger 350ml: This plunger has a brewing capacity of 330ml coffee, so perfect for 1 large mug.
- Coffee plunger 1000ml coffee press: brewing capacity of 900ml = coffee for 3 to 4 large coffee mugs
How do you use a coffee plunger?
Making your coffee with a plunger is SUPER EASY. And here is how it goes:
- Step 1: Remove the plunger unit from the glass pot.
- Step 2: Fill the glass pot with 22g of coarsely ground coffee.
- Step 3: Add hot water at a temperature of between 92 – 94oC to the coffee ground (just take the water off the boil and let it sit for a minute before brewing). Fill the water to the top silver ring encasing the glass (ca. 2cm from the top), which is about 330ml. Now stir your brew.
- If you prefer a stronger brew, use more coffee for the same volume of water, for example, 30g of coffee to 330ml of water.
- Step 4: Insert the plunger unit back into the pot. Make sure you turn the lid so that the pour spout opening is closed. Now let the coffee steep in the coffee plunger for about 3 – 4 minutes. For less intensity, choose a shorter steeping time.
- Step 5: Slowly lower the plunger straight down the pot applying slight pressure on top of the know.
- Step 6: Turn the lid to the open position of the pour spout. Now - pour, sip and smile.
- Carafe: Shatterproof, BPA-free SAN plastic that’s scratch resistant. The frame protects the carafe, while the plastic lid and handle offer safe and comfortable handling.
- Plunger filter (mesh): Stainless steel
- More environmentally friendly as no paper filters or plastic capsules required. We love it!
- Easy to use and easy to clean.