Looking for a different gift this Christmas. We teamed up with the Little Veggie Patch Co. and created this sustainable gift for garden and coffee lovers. So the coffee and garden enthusiast in your life can sip a coffee whilst watching the veggies grow. And of course, gardening is fun and something that everyone can do regardless of your skillset.
Leafy greens are a veggie patch that is high in nutrition and are easy to grow all year round. Mat and Fab from The Little Veggie Patch Co. have put together some of their fav leafy greens to get you started growing your own food at home. Leafy greens don’t need much sunlight and they like to be packed in together. They are the champions of small space growing.
To get you started, here are some great videos from the guys from The Little Veggie Patch Co on planting seeds.
What’s included in your sustainable gift box 'Coffee + Leafy Greens Seed Kit'?
- 250g of your favourite coffee
- Heirloom leafy green seeds including Silverbeet, Spinach, Lettuce, Rocket and Kale
- Handy planting instructions
- Biodegradable propagating pots. They come in mini peat plugs, when soaked in water they enlarge roughly 5 times their size.
- Reusable plant labels
- Personalised greeting card
- All goodies are wrapped in a stylish designed gift box that your friends will be excited to open. Note the gift box is shipped in a compostable mailer to protect it.
And, used coffee grounds are a great resource, so put them to work. Here are some ideas:
- Coffee grounds contain valuable nutrients such as nitrogen, potassium and phosphorus. Add the coffee grounds to your compost pile and help it to turn into beautiful dark rich soil.
- Add as organic matter and improve drainage, water retention and attract earthworms.
- Use as worm food in your worm farm. Earthworms love it.
- Keeps slugs and snails away.
- Stops wondering kitties from using your garden as a potty.
* Sorry. We can’t ship this product to WA. *
** Yes, we included free standard shipping Australia-wide.**